The Forbes Cruise for Investors Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. TO ENTER:
Follow the instructions to sign up for the free trial issue of Forbes or the Forbes subscription offer received by email, direct mail, advertising, or online advertising, anytime between September 4, 2012 and October 31, 2013. To enter without signing up for the free trial issue or subscription, follow the directions in your Forbes subscription offer or mail your full name, address, city, state, zip code, and email address to: The Forbes “Cruise for Investors Sweepstakes,” PO Box 612, Marblehead, MA 01945. Limit one entry per person. Information must be complete to be eligible for sweepstakes entry. Entering invalid personal information, multiple entries, or an invalid email address will result in sweepstakes disqualification. All online subscriptions/entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET October 31, 2013. Mail–in subscriptions/ entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2013 and received by November 7, 2013. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective location for online entry deadline.
2. DRAWING: Winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the deadline. Drawing will be conducted on or around November 8, 2013 by PROMOSIS, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions in all matters relating to this sweepstakes are final. Potential winner will be notified by email from Promosis, to the address provided during entry, with follow up notification sent by overnight courier, and will be required to complete a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release. The completed Affidavit must be returned and received within 10 days of the date sent to the potential winner, or an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the remaining pool of participants received for the original drawing. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
3. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A cruise for two (2) on the 2014 Forbes Cruise for Investors, scheduled for approximately ten (10) days (specific dates and itinerary to be announced), including round trip Coach Class air fare from the Gateway City nearest the winner’s residence to cruise departure city and on–board accommodations (1 cabin, dbl. occupancy). Winner will have the opportunity to meet face–to–face with top investment experts to get their insights and strategies, and get advice tailored to his or her needs during seminars–at–sea and social gatherings onboard. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $10,000. Prize or parts thereof may not be transferred or redeemed for cash, in whole or in part. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or local taxes on the value of the prize, and will be issued an IRS 1099–MISC tax form for the retail value of prize won. Grand Prize does not include and is exclusive of government taxes and fees, service charges, onboard expenses, and other personal expenditures. Any costs associated with the Grand Prize not specified above are at the winner’s discretion and are not included. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary based on winner’s location and assessment of prize elements publicly available. If the actual value is less than the stated value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or other consideration. Grand Prize winner and guest must be available to travel during the scheduled cruise dates or prize and its value will be forfeited. Travel guest of the Grand Prize winner will be required to complete a liability/publicity release before trip is booked. If winner’s travel companion is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at his/her own expense, if the parent/guardian is not the winner. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documentation. Grand Prize and its components are subject to scheduling, availability, and certain other restrictions. No substitution of prize permitted, except by Sponsor as may be due to prize unavailability at time of award, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, DC (except residents of Puerto Rico and all other US Territories and Possessions) who are at least twenty–one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Not open to employees, members of their immediate family (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses), and those living in the same household of employees of Forbes Media LLC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion partners, advertising and production agencies, and PROMOSIS, INC. Entrants consent to the use of their registration information in accordance with the Forbes.com privacy statement. All Federal, State, and local laws and regulations apply.
The total ARV of all Daily Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes collectively is $3,880.00 All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winners. No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize by the Entrant, is permitted. In the event a stated prize from Blue Nile is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a prize is unavailable, a gift certificate for Blue Nile in the amount of the stated ARV of the unavailable prize from Blue Nile will be provided. The ARV of each prize set forth above represents Sponsors good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Gift certificates are subject to terms and conditions of use. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per household
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, independent judging organization, and promotion partners are not responsible for typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials, or for any individual's inability to enter the sweepstakes, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected subscriptions/entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Multiple entries and those generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the sweepstakes should any of the foregoing occurrences corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the sweepstakes. If program is cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to those listed above, winner will be determined via random drawing from all entries received up to the time of cancellation. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. Forbes Media LLC is solely responsible for the administration and execution of this promotion. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out–of–pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
7. LIST REMOVAL: To remove your name from future Forbes sweepstakes mailings, mail request to: Forbes Subscriber Services, PO Box 5471, Harlan, IA 51593–0971. Please allow 45 days for your request to be processed.
8. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, available until January 31, 2014, send a standard–size postcard, only, with your return address to: Forbes “Cruise for Investors Sweepstakes” Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
9. SPONSOR: Forbes Media LLC, 60 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Forbes Magazine, Attn: Consumer Marketing Group, 60 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10011.
Copyright © 2012, Forbes Media, LLC. All rights reserved.